Sunday, February 6, 2011

Scratch that

I love to cook. I've loved to cook since I was a little kid, helping my mom in the kitchen. But when friends tell other people I'm a "gourmet cook", I have to argue. I don't consider myself a gourmet cook. I don't do multi-course dinner parties. I don't think I've ever made a starter course. Or an amuse-bouche. I have no idea how to plate food. I just like to make things from scratch. Pizza, bread, salad dressings, pasta, tortillas, sauces, Thai food, Chinese food, Mexican food. I've even dabbled in cheese making. I don't like to buy pre-fab food or packaged mixes. I just think food tastes better when you make it yourself.

So when Charcutepalooza came along I knew I had to jump on that band wagon. Homemade bacon? Pancetta? Duck Prociutto? YES! This is right up my alley! The main purpose of this blog is to journal my adventures in charcuterie as I play along with the Charcutepalooza gang. Along the way I hope to also learn something about myself, to learn how to write, to embrace writing so that it's not such a challenge for me.

Follow along with me and I'll try not to post too many disturbing pictures of pig nipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment